videology introduces unified video planning and management for both reservation-based and rtb buying strategies within single platform
“Descartes” Release Addresses the Needs of Both Linear TV and Digital Buyers as Video Campaigns for Brand Advertisers Continue to Migrate Across Devices
New York, July 10, 2013— Videology—the leading video advertising platform provider for advertisers, agencies and publishers—announced today the official launch of its reengineered platform. With its latest product release, dubbed “Descartes,” Videology’s platform now brings together the worlds of TV and digital buyers by allowing access to both programmatic guaranteed buying technology—similar to traditional TV buying—and a suite of bid management tools for open and private exchanges across screens and devices.
The release is designed to help solve one of the industry’s greatest equations—finding the optimal mix between reserved and non-reserved media to drive optimal efficiency across computer, tablet and mobile devices for brand advertisers.
“The objectives of brand advertisers—television’s biggest spenders—have not changed, but video consumption patterns have. It’s imperative that advertising technology keeps pace with these changes,” said Scott Ferber, Chairman and CEO, Videology. “By bridging planning and buying mechanisms of traditional media with those of digital, our platform allows brand advertisers to leverage the best of both to better achieve their desired results.”
Videology Platform Release Highlights:
- Redesigned User Interface with Improved Campaign Workflow
- Single view for all campaign actions
- Heads up display providing easy access to campaign level information
- Real-time Bidding
- Cost transparency across public and private exchanges
- Ability to manage commission percentage
- Exchange level bid controls with forecasted metrics (win-rate, clearing price, avails, GRPs) based on max bid price
- Nielsen OCR and comScore vCE Demographic Targeting Options
- Industry-leading solution to forecast and optimize RTB bids against a Nielsen OCR or comScore demographic composition percentage
- Contextual Targeting
- Proprietary Xtract technology, based on a human-curated database of pages, as well as machine processing of page text and URL text
- Positive and negative targeting
- Domain Targeting
- Ability to create custom site lists (white, black, other) across any buy exchange
- Functionality to upload whitelists and blacklists, as well as to make edits—including domain-level discovery
- Interactive reporting suite for campaign analysis
- Ability to build and export custom reports within the reporting interface
“This new platform release is the result of our ongoing efforts to connect the dots for our clients in a converging media world. Everyday our work is focused toward one goal—maximizing media value for our clients. The path toward that goal begins with smarter technology,” added Ferber.
Videology (videologygroup.com) is an enterprise technology company for advertising and media companies. Its video platform allows brands, agencies and media companies to plan, serve, manage, and monitor video ad campaigns using features and specifications typical to TV, while taking advantage of the advanced targeting, optimization, and efficiencies of digital media. Videology’s technology transforms the TV and digital experience so that a different ad—the right ad—will be shown to the desired consumer.
Videology, Inc., is a privately-held, venture-backed company, whose investors include Catalyst Investors, Comcast Ventures, NEA, Pinnacle Ventures, and Valhalla Partners. Videology is headquartered in Baltimore, MD, with key offices in New York, Austin, Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Singapore, Sydney and sales teams across North America.